Friday, July 3, 2009

Lazy Day

Yesterday was a pretty boring day for me...very lazy. Went to school, almost fell asleep in class, so i came right home afterwards instead of going to a cafe. I stopped by the grocery store for some lunch meat and made myself a nice ham and brie sandwich. I was so exhausted that i took a nap. school was in session(it is right outside my window) so i closed my windows (mind you they are double paned) and i could still hear the children screaming. It seems that they do not learn anything in school because they are always outside playing.
So I decided to try my ear plugs which is what i use for exams and usually works to drown out the sound of 50 people typing at once. STILL HEARD THEM!!! i really dont know how that is possible, but i did. After a while, i was so exhausted that i finally fell asleep. it was very nice. After that i hung out around my house, did some reading and made dinner. So like I said, pretty lazy day, but it was nice to catch up on some sleep finally!

Today is Friday. I just got out of class, which were both very interesting today and I had no problem staying awake. Now I am in the JD library using a french keyboard that you can turn on the US keys. good thing i know where the keys are by heart or else i would have a tough time typing!! I am waiting for my friend allison to get out of french class (which i decided not to spend the $85 on bc i will just learn it and rosetta stone that i have). then we will go to a cafe for lunch and after do a little bit of shopping. i have not bought anything since i have been here and i would like to pick up a dress and/or skirt and some sandals so that i dont have to wear my flip flops around. Then tonight we will probably do dinner and drinks with some friends out around town. We leave at 8 am from the Saint Paul metro by my school for the Champagne trip tomorrow. We also will see Reims, the coronation city of france. It should be a nice 4th of july...i will toast my glass (or bottle) of champagne to independence. Hope everything is well at home. love you all

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! I am so glad you have started one og these things. Now I can keep up with what you are doing and live vicariously through you. Continue having a blast and enjoy every second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm brie and champagne. Glad you finally got some sleep. I love that you think that french kids don't learn anything. I wish we got to play outside all day long when we were in school. Happy Fourth of July! I just woke up and Clint is making me dinner... mmmm. Good man. Hope you are enjoying your trip to Champagne for the fourth! Drink a bottle/four glasses for me! hahah. I know i keep saying this but I am SOOOOO excited to come see you! Can't wait! Alright, dinner calls. All my love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. will try to post this from your aunt sandi's computer....not sure. since today is sunday and nothing new from you, i'm presuming the champagne worked a little on your sleeping problem? hope it was fun.
    we spent the day touring downtown detroit. i was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was all along the river. belle isle was jam packed with fourth of july barbecuers on a beautiful day. hope yours was as nice.
    today i go to denise's for a week. everything here is green and beautiful.
    i read that the french do not export cheese, so you'll have to eat our share. get your reading done early - you're only going to find more things to do in the city of lights. love you. aunt taz

    ReplyDelete